Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How I Got to Where I Was Going and the People That Helped Me Get There...


When I tried cross-country skiing for the first time as an adult in January of 2006, I had the odd thought of competing at the 2010 Paralympic Games, but at the time it was more like a dream than an objective. I actually wanted to try skiing to try something new and completely different from what I had been doing in athletics and really, can you get any more different than a shot put/discus thrower becoming a cross-country skier? Yet, here I am, just days away from actually competing at the Games! I know that without all the people that have helped me over the last few years, I certainly wouldn’t be where I am today so over the next few days, I wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to my success! So check back often to see my “Face of the Day” post! I figure that the fairest way to do this is to go in the order of appearance in my cross-country ski career so I will post tomorrow for the first person I met through skiing who has impacted me in a positive way..

No comments:

Post a Comment